Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ice Cream Cupcakes

THINK PINK

Just about everyone loves a cupcake.
And every little girl at Tess' party loved their ice cream cone cupcake!
We used a confetti cake mix and added some pink gel food coloring.  Set you cake cones in your muffin tins.

I used my dollar store ice cream scoop to portion out my batter.  I really want to get a nice ice cream scooper.  The scooper in this picture has been commandeered by Collin and is a sandbox toy now.

We baked our cupcakes for 20 minutes in a 350* oven.  While we waited for the cakes to bake, Tess cleaned the bowl for me.  Isn't she pretty in pink?

Looking at this picture you are thinking I melted ice cream cupcakes.  I made an error in my baking.  I added some extra ingredients for high altitude baking, but I didn't adjust my baking temp.  We cakes rose, but didn't set soon enough because my oven wasn't hot enough.  Anyway, next time I will raise my heat, or not add extra ingredients for high altitude.


When it came down to it, they looked great and it was fun to have a little cake dripping down the sides.


http://www.thesaltypineapple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment