Saturday, July 14, 2012

Homemade Butterfingers

Homemade Butterfingers


I don't eat a lot of candy, but I l♥ve Butterfingers.  When I saw this recipe on the Taste of Home forums, I knew I had to give it a try.  Everyone on the board said it tasted just like a real Butterfinger.  The best part - this recipe only has three ingredients! 

How can you make a Butterfinger with only three ingredients?? Well, the secret ingredient is candy corn!  Actually, it is melted candy corn.  I would have never thought to melt candy corn, but it turns out that melted candy corn mixed with peanut butter transforms into something amazing!  We were shocked at how great these tasted and how close they are to real Butterfingers.  I had to give most of these away so we didn't eat them all by ourselves.

This is one of the best homemade candies that I have ever made.  I think these would be cute made into suckers for the holidays.  I am going to look for some Christmas tree candy molds and give it a try.

This is a great way to use up any candy corn you have leftover from Halloween.  So get to it! 




Candy Corn Butterfingers
Taste of Home forums
(Printable Recipe)

1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Honey Roasted peanut butter)
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.


http://www.plainchicken.com

No comments:

Post a Comment